Recipe submitted by: @mikaylacooks_
Are you tired of the same old pasta recipes? Do you want to try something new and exciting that will tantalize your taste buds? Look no further than this caramelised red onion, blue cheese and spinach pasta recipe!
This pasta dish is the perfect combination of sweet and savoury, with caramelised red onions and tangy blue cheese complementing the fresh spinach and al dente Girandole pasta. The addition of balsamic vinegar and honey creates a sticky and flavorful sauce that ties everything together.
- 250g Girandole pasta
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 100g spinach
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 100g Cornish Blue Cheese, crumbled
- Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Cook your Girandole pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the sliced red onions and cook for 10-15 minutes until softened and caramelised.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and honey to the onions, and stir to coat. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the mixture is thick and sticky.
- Reserve a cup of pasta water and drain the cooked pasta. Add the pasta to the pan with the onions and toss to combine.
- Add the spinach to the pan and stir until it wilts. Then add the reserved pasta water and natural yoghurt, and stir to create a creamy sauce.
- Season the pasta with cracked black pepper and a little salt, if needed.
- Serve the pasta in bowls, topped with crumbled Cornish Blue Cheese and chopped parsley.