Recipe submitted by: @a_bit_of_lou
This Walnut Pesto Pasta recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. It’s packed with flavour and protein, thanks to the walnuts and Greek yoghurt. Plus, it only takes about 30 minutes to make!
- 175g walnuts
- 1 small pack of cherry tomatoes
- 400g Girandole pasta
- 1 garlic clove
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 100g grated Parmesan
- 120ml olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- A sprinkle of chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spread the walnuts and cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes, until the walnuts are fragrant and lightly toasted.
- While the walnuts and tomatoes are roasting, cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- In a food processor, combine the roasted walnuts, garlic clove, fresh basil leaves, grated Parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice and zest. Blend until the mixture is a rough paste. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If the pesto is too thick, add a bit of the pasta water to thin it out.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Add the pesto and Greek yoghurt and stir until the pasta is coated in the sauce.
- Serve the pasta hot, topped with shaved Parmesan, fresh basil leaves, and a sprinkle of chilli flakes.
- Enjoy your delicious and easy-to-make Walnut Pesto Pasta!