Recipe submitted by: @the.pastagal
Check out this quick and easy recipe for a deliciously creamy and spicy nduja pasta! This dish is perfect for a quick and tasty weekday dinner, taking only 15 minutes to cook.
This pasta dish’s creamy, cheesy and spicy flavours are amazing! You wouldn’t want to miss out on this recipe, so be sure to save it for later. Plus, try it out with Spatizola pasta, which is perfect for cradling the sauce.
- 50ml cream
- 150g nduja (2 tablespoons nduja paste from a jar)
- Salt and black pepper
- Handful of Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- 200g chopped tomatoes (about half a can)
- A teaspoon of honey (for a touch of sweetness)
- Don’t forget to add some pasta water while cooking too!
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions in salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat up some olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add nduja paste to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, for another 1-2 minutes until the ‘Nduja has melted and combined with the garlic and oil.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and honey and continue cooking for a further 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add in the cream and stir until it is fully incorporated into the sauce. Allow the sauce to simmer for a few minutes until it has thickened to your desired consistency.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it to the pan with the sauce. Toss the pasta with the sauce, adding a splash of pasta water at a time if needed, until the pasta is coated in the creamy nduja sauce.
- Serve the pasta with a sprinkling of grated Parmesan on top.